Saturday, June 5, 2010

Ottolenghi Cafe Deli in Angel Islington London

I went to Ottolenghi Restaurant in Angel, had dinner yesterday. I and a friend had apricot salad with Red Artichoke with herbs, Pan fried Seabass with sweet peanuts and mustard sauce(I guess) on pie pastry with Purple shiso leaf and basil salad with red grape fruit, Pork berry Sweet teriyaki kind of sauce with cucumber salad with carrots and cress. It was so delicious. The taste is just perfect and light which I loved and not so too much seasoning so that I actually taste the vegetables, fruit, fish or meat. I thought it's more like Japanese food. We appreciate seasonable foods and we do not season too much, rather enjoy the actual flavor of the food. His food is almost like that. Dishes look elegant and the combination of fruit and Vegetables salad was very much inspiring for me. I would like to create some salad dishes inspired by Ottolenghi tomorrow. I would like to go back  there again soon.

No comments: